The content on the Nairobi ENT website is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your own physician or other qualified health care professional regarding any medical questions or conditions.
- Scott-Brown’s Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 7th UK: Hodder-Arnold; 2008, vol 1, page 880.
- Kiama AM. Prevalence of Otitis Media with effusion in children with obstructive adenoid disease compared with normal controls in Kenyatta National Hospital. (Unpublished data). 2014.
- Mugweneza A. Risk factors for otitis media with effusion in children at Kenyatta National Hospital. (Unpublished data). 2015.
- Kalu, Stella U., et al. “Clinical spectrum of acute otitis media complicating upper respiratory tract viral infection.” The Pediatric infectious disease journal2 (2011): 95.
- Coco, Andrew, et al. “Management of acute otitis media after publication of the 2004 AAP and AAFP clinical practice guideline.” Pediatrics2 (2010): 214-220.
- Hoberman, Alejandro, et al. “Treatment of acute otitis media in children under 2 years of age.” New England Journal of Medicine2 (2011): 105-115
- Schilder, Anne GM, et al. “Panel 7: Otitis Media: Treatment and Complications.” Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery4_suppl (2017): S88-S105
- Acute otitis media. 2013.