Dr. Sophie Gitonga
MBChB. MMED(ENT/HN). UoN.
Special interest in Facial aesthetic plastic and reconstructive surgery. Practicing alongside ENT, aesthetic medicine since 2012. Dr. Sophie Gitonga has attended and presented in several local and international conferences and workshops.
Member KENTS, East African Academy of Aesthetic Medicine and Kenya Medical Women’s Association.
- Editor in chief of East and Central Africa Journal of Otolaryngology Head and Neck surgery.
- Executive member of Kenya ear nose and throat society (KENTS)
- Former executive member Kenya Medical Women’s Association (KEMWA)
Scientific presentations in the last 5 years:
- Oral poster presentation- prevalence of sensorineural hearing loss in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma undergoing treatment at the Kenyatta National Hosiptal- 20th IFOS world congress, Seoul, Korea. 2013
- Anatomy and physiology of the united airway- ASOK conference at Sarova Panafric Hotel. 2014
- Aesthetic and functional outcomes of Botulinum Toxin A in otolaryngology- 23rd KENTS conference at Boma Hotel Eldoret. 2015
- Unusual case of hoarseness of voice in child with epidermolysis bullosa (CASE PRESENTATION) at 24th KENTS conference at Sarova Whitesands Hotel Mombasa. 2016
- Frustrations of keloids- 25th KENTS conference at the Pride INN hotel Shanzu Mombasa. 2017
- Injection laryngoplasty and use of Botulinum toxin A in laryngopharynx at KENTS laryngology symposium at Southern Sum hotel Mayfair. 2017
Corporate presentations on voice hygiene, voice disorders, hearing and ear care for customer care staff at Safaricom JCC.
Special interest in Facial Aesthetic medicine and Cosmetic Surgery , hair transplant, voice disorders and phonosurgery.